The 'Original' Creative Crafting Magazine written by Crafters, for Crafters

Creative Crafting magazine began in August/September 2009, when a group of crafting friends on the Creative Connections network decided that it would be a good idea to raise awareness of the crafting community. From this point they started work and the first issue of Creative Crafting was published in October 2009 and the last was June 2014.
Now we are bringing you everything crafty from the home and beyond.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

In the Spotlight with Mr X Stitch August 2012


Published in issue 18, August 2012
Written by Jamie from Mr X Stitch


Jamie Chalmers, also known as Mr X Stitch is on a mission is to bring the world of cross stitch and embroidery to a whole new audience.He has been cross stitching for years and really believes in the benefits of stitching, both from a relaxation and a sustainability perspective.
Many of you may have seen Jamie on ‘Kirstie’s Handmade Britain’.

Each issue, Jamie introduces us to a fascinating member of the crafting community. If you have missed out on any of Jamies interviews you can find them online for FREE from the Creative Crafting website back issues page.

Name: Lord Libidan
Medium: Cross stitch and embroidery

What’s your story?
I'm best known for my 3D transforming transformers, but to put it shortly, I like to push the boundaries and do something no one else has done, whilst centring it around video games and pop culture. Oh, and pretending I'm an aristocrat.

This isn’t just a fantastic piece of cross stitch. It actually TRANSFORMS!!


What’s your favourite piece of work 

thus far?
I'd have to say my stereoscopic Pokemon stitch. When making it I wasn't sure it would work, but afterwards I realised just how awesome it was.

You’ll need 3D specs for this one 

What do you find challenging?
I find a fair bit challenging. As I work in the edge of possible I usually have ideas which are impossible to do, but if I had to put it down to just one thing, it would be sticking to an idea. As a perfectionist every idea I have changes drastically during planning, and I think it might not be for the best sometimes.


Any advice for newbies?
Stick with it. Cross stitching can take a mammoth time to complete, but it's not until you finish it that you get that elated feeling of doing something awesome and can be proud of.
Also never be afraid to ask. I get people emailing me all the time asking for help, and I don't know anyone that wouldn't be happy to give it.

You can also visit Lord Libidan at his Etsy Store http://www.etsy.com/shop/LordLibidan


No comments: