The 'Original' Creative Crafting Magazine written by Crafters, for Crafters

Creative Crafting magazine began in August/September 2009, when a group of crafting friends on the Creative Connections network decided that it would be a good idea to raise awareness of the crafting community. From this point they started work and the first issue of Creative Crafting was published in October 2009 and the last was June 2014.
Now we are bringing you everything crafty from the home and beyond.

Saturday 30 March 2013

An Interview with Tumblebead

An Interview with Sara from Tumblebead

Published in Issue 22, April 2013




Tell us about the lady behind Tumblebead
My name is Sara Johnson and I am the creator of Tumblebead, which has been in force for a year now and will hopefully grow in to something huge.




When did you first begin creating your designs, and why?
I have always been a bead addict since a small girl and just love those little balls with a hole; I rekindled my love for beads after some years off and I am very happy I did. It is nice to see people wear my creations. Just need to find a celebrity to endorse me now.

What is it that you enjoy about your work?


Buying beads of course and trying to make something new and imaginative.


What is your biggest crafting achievement, and why?
I was chosen to be one of the fifty designers on a ‘Bead and Beyond’ magazine challenge in the March edition 2012 - one of the pictures was featured in the magazine and both were featured on their website. This was what triggered me to start Tumblebead.







Other than your crafting, what else do you like to do?
I have an allotment which I just love even though I don't really eat vegetables! I also read and enjoy photography and I am also a footy mum - I’ve not missed a single game of my son’s team!


If you had to choose your favourite from your creation’s which one would it be?
It is hard to say which is my favourite as I am still developing my style, but I do like my Spikey collection.
Where does your inspiration come from?
No particular place - all over really, sometimes it is just a particular bead that can set me off on a tangent.




If you could change one thing about what you do, what would it be?
Be less negative about my work and appreciate my creations are just as good as others.


Do you have a favourite website?
Well we would be here all day if I was to list all my favourite bead websites. I do like to shop for small shiny objects and some would say I am obsessed!







Has any person helped or supported you more than any other?
Creative Connections has been great as there are so many people to help and support you with any problem or to run ideas past. My family is great too with moral support.


Tell us a random fact about yourself!
I eat a lot of chocolate!




 



No comments: